Telehealth appointment instructions
Follow the steps below to log in for your virtual care appointment.
How do I schedule my telehealth visit ?
Simply call our office as you normally would to schedule an appointment, and let us know that you are interested in a telehealth visit.
Your provider will direct you to the platform that will work the best for your telehealth visit, which is typically the secure patient portal. Instructions will be sent to you prior to your appointment.
How do I schedule a telehealth appointment?
You can schedule it by calling the office directly or online via our practice website.
Where can I find the steps for logging into a telehealth appointment?
After we schedule your appointment, we will send a confirmation email with connection instructions and appointment details.
Can I have multiple telehealth appointments on the same day?
What type of equipment do I need to participate in a telehealth appointment?
You can use a computer or mobile device (smart phone or tablet) with audio/video capabilities and a good internet connection.
Will I be contacted by the practice prior to my Telehealth appointment?
- 24 hours before: Practice will confirm your appointment and ask a couple of questions
- 30 minutes before: You will receive a reminder email
- 15 minutes before: A text message will be sent to you
How do I access the virtual meeting room?
Go to your appointment email and click the orange rectangle to join the meeting room. Follow these steps:
- First, you will see a Vitals window (height/weight/blood pressure, etc.) appear. If you have the information available, complete and submit the form.
- Next, a Telehealth consent form will appear. Click accept to proceed.
- A pop-up window with allow audio and video access may appear. Select Yes to continue. You will see a box stating vitals were submitted and an orange button with Start Televisit. Click the orange box to move to the next step.
- Once you Start Televisit you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. Your provider will join you as soon as possible.
How do I make my picture bigger on a smartphone?
To increase the image size of your provider, rotate your phone horizontally.
What should I do if I become disconnected during my appointment?
Simply click on the appointment link on your confirmation email or text message to reconnect.
Tips for a great experience
Once you’ve booked your telehealth visit, check out these tips to get the most out of your scheduled appointment.
Prepare your mobile device or computer
- Check that the program you will be using to connect is fully updated
- Open the program and become familiar with the features
- Be sure you have adequate battery life
- Close any unnecessary programs
- Ensure your connection is strong — be it internet or a mobile service signal
Set up for quality sound
- Find a quiet space where you are unlikely to be interrupted during your visit
- Using earbuds with a microphone, or a headset, make it easier for you and your provider to hear each other
See and be seen
- Be sure you have good lighting — use overhead lights and block lights from windows, which can cause glare
- Position your camera correctly — place it at eye level so your head and shoulders are fully visible
- For example, if your issue is with your arm, wearing short sleeves may help your provider see the concern you are describing
Decide if you need assistance
- Sore throat? Need to show movement? You might need someone to help you by holding a flashlight, or your mobile device.
NOTE: if you are experiencing chest pains, shortness of breath, seizures or a head injury, call 911 or go to the ER immediately.